AMERICAN PRIDE CHEERLEADING
New for Spring 2017, American Pride Cheerleading will offer a Spring Cheer Season! The Spring season is approximately 8 weeks and cheers for Flag Football. Registration will be open February 1 through April 1 with practices beginning in early April. Cheerleaders must be 5 years of age by December 31, 2016. The fee is $115 per registrant (save $15 if register by March 1).
A parents meeting will be held Sunday, March 26 at 2:30pm at the Chinn Library Community Room to introduce coaches and answer any questions.
Squad determination is based on the number of cheerleaders registered in the program. Though we cannot guarantee, we will do our best to accommodate requests (based on skill/ability) to keep siblings on the same squad.
There are four squads within the league; assignments are generally determined by age as follows:
- Ittys: 5-6
- Minis: 7-8
- Petites: 9-10
- Juniors: 11+
- Practices will begin in early April
- Squads will practice 1-2 times per week maximum
- Cheer practice locations are independent of football practice locations
- Please be on time for practices
- Dress appropriately (t-shirt, athletic short/leggings/shoes, no denim)
- For safety reasons, no jewelry should be worn - rings, bracelets, necklaces, hoop earrings. There will be no exception to this.
- Hair must be pulled back and away from face
- No gum chewing
- Bring water bottle, emergency medicine (i.e., EpiPen or inhalers - please discuss with coach)
- Cheerleaders will only cheer SUNDAYS at APYFL Warriors HOME GAMES
- Squads will cheer at 1 game each weekend (Sundays)
- Games start the weekend of April 30 and will go through May
- Tournaments are played the first week of June
- No games played Memorial Day Weekend
Cheerleaders will be provided with the following which are required for all games:
(1) Pair of Athletic bottoms*
(1) Hair Bow
Cheerleaders will be loaned a pair of pompoms which must be returned in good condition at the end of the season.
Cheerleaders/Parents are responsible for:
- ALL white no show socks
- ALL white athletic shoes - no characters, lights, glitter or dangle charms (cheer shoes are highly recommended)
*Reference SIZE CHARTS for the registration form
Contact APYFL Cheerleading Director -